P.R.I.D.E Program - PROFESSIONAL INSTRUCTOR IN DRIVER EDUCATION
Michele O’Bright c/o The Ontario School Bus Association
Phone: 416-695-9965 x3
Professional Driver Instructor in Driver Education (P.R.I.D.E.), a joint venture of OMCA (Ontario Motor Coach Association), OPTA (Ontario Public Transit Association), and OSBA (Ontario School Bus Association), is a one-of-a-kind program that teaches driver instructors how to properly train drivers in their fleet.
1 Day - P.R.I.D.E Recertification Program
The Professional Instructor in Driver Education (P.R.I.D.E) Recertification Programs are now available to any “Signing Authority” (as designated by the Ontario Ministry of Transportation Driver Certification Program (DCP) or any previous graduate of the regular, five-day P.R.I.D.E. Certification Program.
Designed to reinforce Signing Authority instructor skills and adult education competencies and principles, this one-day program will provide recertification for the MTO Signing Authority designation and refresh previous P.R.I.D.E. Program methodologies. Registration is on a first-come, first-served basis.
2017 SESSION DATES:
- February 2
- April 27
- June 21
- July 8
- October 26
- December 6
- Dates, details and program information Full P.R.I.D.E. recertification brochure Registration form only
5 Day - P.R.I.D.E Program
2016 SESSION DATES:
- January 15-20
- March 12-17 (March Break)
- May 7-12
- July 9-14
- August 13-18
- October 15-20
WHAT YOU RECEIVE
- “Signing Authority” certification from the Ontario Ministry of Transportation in order to sign, upgrade and renew drivers’ licences on your own premises (if passing grade achieved and all other MTO requirements are met)
- Indispensable techniques for classroom instruction, including the effective use of audio visual equipment, non-lecture format, and more
- Proper facilitation skills, including climate setting, guided questioning, being an active listener, and giving positive feedback both in the classroom and on-board the vehicle.
- Valuable in-vehicle information on HOW to properly teach pre-trip inspections, defensive driving, right and left turns, night driving and more
- Effective techniques for dealing appropriately with the concerns and sentiments of new and seasoned trainees alike
- One-on-one interaction with instructors and endless opportunities to exchange information among participants.
“I now know why the PROFESSIONAL INSTRUCTOR IN DRIVER EDUCATION PROGRAM is a critical element in delivering our safety message. We arrived as a caterpillar, spun a little cocoon and by Friday we had developed wings. Our vision is now endless…our view has no limits…and our heights are only restricted by self limitations. The P.R.I.D.E. Team assembled is just an A-1 Class Act. When associated with this team, you just know you want to be successful and that you will succeed.” — John Piron, First Student