Coordinator, Regulatory Assurance
Requisition ID: 7239
Department: Transit Services Dept.
Service: Safety, Regulatory, Trng & Dev Service Branch: Reg & Compl, Qual Cntrl & Assur Branch Employment Type: 1 Full-time Temporary- Up to 1 year Work Hours: 35.00 /hours per week
Affiliation: ATU 1760
Salary Information: $65,279.76- $92,588.86 annually (2023 rates of pay) Location: Transit Service, 1500 St.Laurent
City: Ottawa, ON
Job Category: Transportation Application Close: 21/03/2023
The mandate of the Safety, Regulatory, Training and Development Service is to provide training and development, safety and compliance, and quality and continuous improvement of bus, para transit and light rail services.
Services and programs include appropriate safety and job training for transit employees, and the compliance, development, and implementation of safety standards to protect employees and the general public.
You coordinate safety and regulatory compliance activities for the Transit Services Branch with a focus on regulatory compliance in rail operations for the Confederation Line and the Trillium Line. You also: provide expertise on program requirements and compliance matters relating to the Safety Management System, regulatory affairs, regulatory reporting requirements, systems assurances activities, risk management activities, and external auditing requirements; support and coordinate compliance with the Safety Management System requirements; and liaise with all Transit Services divisions to ensure compliance with all regulatory/safety/security recommendations.
In addition, you maintain contact with other branches within the city, outside regulatory agencies, and companies and contractors for the city; represent the city at public meetings; and perform other duties consistent with the job, including acting for the manager as assigned.
You are also responsible for: developing and monitoring operating budgets; managing external audit support contracts; acting as a spokesperson for the employer at regulatory meetings; directing the implementation of section strategies including policy development; and monitoring the safety landscape for changes in regulatory requirements.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE
Completion of 4 year university degree in a general program with courses in subject areas of engineering, operations management, and/or occupational health and safety.
Minimum of 5 years of progressively responsible experience in a Municipal government capacity or a light rail environment working with safety and regulatory compliance projects, to include experience in:
- developing, implementing and managing a multi-disciplinary safety management system in rail, transit, airline, or other similar industry.
- developing a risk identification and hazard management program in an industrial environment; and,
- interpreting and applying applicable legislation/regulations to ensure regulatory compliance.
- Experience managing multi-disciplinary/jurisdictional groups in transit industry including hands-on experience with the implementation and rollout of safety management systems or comparable safety management programs.
- Demonstrable experience with implementation of hazard identification programs and risk assessment protocols including experience with task based job analysis, solution oriented mitigations, and the application of change management to the field of safety management.
- Background in systems assurance including understanding of the application of system safety certification programs in the rail industry.
CERTIFICATIONS AND LICENCES
Rail & Bus System Transit Safety and Security Program (TSSP) Certificate with Transportation Safety Institute (TSI)
- Knowledge of the purpose and function of railway safety management systems and legislation affecting safety and emergency preparedness plans, policies, rules and procedures for railway operations stipulated in Transport Canada regulations
- Knowledge of rail regulatory requirements and various regulatory frameworks including state safety oversight, provincial oversight, federal oversight, or other similar regulatory practices.
- Principles and practices of safety-related oversight, compliance, and enforcement
- Contract document preparation, the tendering process and supervision of field services
- Project management techniques including procurement principles, concepts and techniques
- Knowledge of program evaluation methods/techniques
- Protocols for developing submissions, briefings, major reports
- Computer applications, including MS Office, MS PowerPoint, and
- Must possess the training, experience and knowledge to organize the work and its performance
- Knowledge of applicable health and safety legislation, including the rights and duties of
COMPETENCIES, SKILLS AND ABILITIES
- Able to work independently, with minimum supervision, and collaboratively with all staff as part of a team
- Able to act decisively and handle emergencies calmly
- Able to work cooperatively with multi-disciplinary/jurisdictional groups on transit industry safety and emergency planning projects and exercises
- Able to network within the field of safety and emergency planning and preparedness
- Possess organizational skills and flexibility to plan, initiate, organize and prioritize own work, and to deal effectively with multiple demands, conflicting priorities, stresses, pressures and deadlines
- Interpret and apply legislation, codes and standards
- Identify and assess problems and to use analytic and problem solving skills to make decisions, solve problems and formulate recommendations
- Able to participate in the development of subject specific training courses/materials
- Able to observe strict confidentiality on all work related matters
- Possess computer literacy in MS Office Suite in a Windows environment, including PowerPoint, and use of the intra/Internet
- Possess effective communication, presentation, and facilitation skills
- Able to prepare comprehensive reports, presentations, correspondence in an organized, clear and concise manner
- Strong conceptual, analytical, organizational and planning skills to resolve complex and diverse issues. Solution focused with strong problem solving skills.
- Strong interpersonal skills and leadership capabilities; client service focus; self-motivated
- Demonstrates consistency and fairness; is empathetic and treats others with respect; works effectively in a team environment
- Is approachable, supportive, and demonstrates integrity, fairness, and high personal and professional standards; ability to relate positively to a wide range of people
- Flexible: capacity to manage effectively within changing and competing priorities, and to manage stress effectively
- Thorough and attentive to detail
- Innovative and strategic in work approach and problem solving
- Able to demonstrate sound judgement
- Possess initiative, maturity, patience
- Able to display tact and diplomacy and to exercise discretion
- Possess a work record of good attendance and job performance
WHAT YOU NEED TO KNOW
- Language Requirement: English oral, reading, writing
- Experience and formal training combined with demonstrated performance and ability may substitute for stipulated academic requirements.