Requisition ID: 9010
Number of Vacancies: 1
Department: Wheel-Trans Operations (20000018) – Wheel Trans Senior Manager’s Office (30000381)
Salary Information: $80,189.20 – $100,245.60
Pay Scale Group: 8SA
Employment Type: Regular
Weekly Hours: 35 Off Days: Saturday and Sunday Shift: Day
Posted On: February 5, 2024
Last Day to Apply: February 13, 2024
Reports to: Manager, Policy and Planning
The Toronto Transit Commission (TTC) is North America’s third largest transit system and has been recognized as one of the top places to work in the GTA. Guided by a forward-thinking strategic plan, the TTC’s vision is to be a transit system that makes Toronto proud. The TTC’s recruitment efforts are directly aligned to its mission of providing “a reliable, efficient, and integrated bus, streetcar and subway system that draws its high standards of customer care from our rich traditions of safety, service and courtesy.”
Reporting to the Manager – Planning & Policy, the incumbent will be the Subject Matter Expert for Wheel-Trans operations planning, and specifically Service Support/Planning department, which includes analysis of all services provided by Wheel-Trans. This is in order to ensure the service operates in the most efficient and effective manner and is compliant with the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act (AODA). This position is responsible for overseeing, compiling, analyzing and summarizing all service related data for all internal and external reporting on behalf of Wheel-Trans.
The incumbent acts as a Project Leader for various projects, and is responsible for developing business solutions, configuring applications, providing quality assurance testing and training. Additionally, the Trip Analyst reports on procedural problems, and provides data to other departments as required.
Key Job Functions
- Participates on a variety of program initiatives and special assignments for the Wheel-Trans Transformation program and the Department.
- Works with appropriate stakeholders to ensure successful integration of new systems, including updated procedures, processes and associated training.
- conducts and executes business process reviews to streamline and improve work efficiencies including preparing revised business process mapping and user manual.
- leads cross-functional projects and provides critical input to the management team on the operational performance based on data analysis and KPIs benchmarking to facilitate data driven decision-making.
- assists in the development of workflows, forms, process and data modeling, business requirements and system specifications for system solutions.
- ensures all data, including landmarks, is accurate and reflects requirements for daily service and the Family of Services program.
- oversees scheduling software data updates that include road closures, landmark closures, etc., as provided by operations and TTC closure notifications.
- ensures all new and existing systems provide reports and accurate data in order to provide services as required and within budget.
- testing and implementing all data technologies which may involve testing the data, processing, analysis, validation and reporting tools/procedures associated with all technologies used.
- identifies, researches, compiles, develops and analyzes statistics and information related to operations to evaluate Wheel-Trans operated and contracted services.
- maximizes the efficiency of Wheel-Trans bus and contracted services through detailed analytical operations reviews ensure adherence to all procedures, laws and collective agreement requirements.
- develops and monitors trip demand projections, customer trip growth trends, service related demographic profile data compilation, and data for service and fleet plans for both short and long term.
- Cost analysis preparations based on ridership forecasts and trends and Service Plan updates for Wheel-Trans budget.
- responds to requests for surveys and data from transit associations and other transit providers.
- Responsible for treating passengers and/or employees with respect and dignity and ensuring the needs of passengers or employees with disabilities are accommodated and/or addressed (within their area of responsibility) in accordance with the Ontario Human Rights Code and Related Orders so that they can fully benefit from the TTC as a service provider and an employer.
- Apply analytical skills
- Apply the principles and practices of quality assurance
- Audit systems, processes, and products
- Communicate in a variety of mediums
- Gather information and conduct research
- Demonstrate specialized expertise and knowledge in the assigned field
- Use office technology, software and applications
Education and Experience
- Completion of a University degree or College Diploma in a relevant discipline such as Business Administration or Mathematics or a combination of education, training and experience deemed to be equivalent.
- Familiarity with urban transit conventional and on-demand operations in the GTHA.
- Comprehensive knowledge of all aspects of the Specialized Transit on-demand service as well as computer systems, encompassing legacy mini-computer applications to current PC server-based Local Area Network systems.
- Good demonstrated working knowledge of specialized transit and public transportation planning; and good technical knowledge of specialized transit operations including relevant equipment, processes and procedures.
- In-depth knowledge and ability to use such software programs including public transit software such as GIRO Hastus On-Demand, Mainframe or other data analytical software, Word, Excel, etc.
- Sound business judgement; highly-developed problem-solving, organizational, interpersonal, verbal communication, presentation and report writing skills.
- A few years’ experience of specifically computer-related data analysis skills.
- Complete knowledge of collective agreement management is an asset.
- Knowledge of the GIRO Hastus On-Demand scheduling system, data analytics software and third party computer software packages, such as Excel and Word.
- Sound judgement and well-developed interpersonal, organizational and problem solving skills necessary to co-ordinate projects and delegate multiple tasks simultaneously within a control centre environment involving a unionized workforce.
- Demonstrated ability to effectively co-ordinate the activities of others to accomplish objectives.
- Ability to recommend, develop, implement and evaluate administrative and operational procedures for improved operations efficiency.
- Must have or acquire a thorough knowledge of departmental and Commission procedures relating to Wheel-Trans operations and applicable Collective Agreements relating to duties performed.
- Knowledge of the Wheel-Trans Crew Scheduling mainframe system is an asset.
- Must have or rapidly acquire a comprehensive knowledge of the Ontario Human Rights Code and Related Orders including disability accommodation and accessibility requirements pertaining to passengers and employees.
The TTC is committed to upholding the values of equity, diversity, anti-racism and inclusion in the delivery of its services and in its workplaces. The TTC is committed to fostering a diverse workforce that is representative of the communities it serves at all levels of the organization, and supports an inclusive environment where diverse employee and community perspectives and experiences bring value to the organization. The TTC encourages applications from all applicants, including members of groups with historical and/or current barriers to equity, including but not limited to, Indigenous, Black and racialized groups, people with disabilities, women and people from the LGBTQIA+ community. The TTC values and supports an inclusive and barrier-free recruitment and selection process. Accommodations for applicants are available upon request throughout the recruitment and selection process, including for those who identify as having a disability. Please contact Talent Management at (416) 393-4570. Any information received related to an accommodation will be addressed confidentially.
The TTC’s policy prohibits relatives of current TTC employees from being hired, assigned, transferred or promoted into positions, where there is a conflict of interest due to a relationship. Should you be selected for an interview, you will be required to disclose the name, relationship and position of any relative who is a current TTC employee.
We thank all applicants for their interest but advise only those selected for an interview will be contacted.