TransHelp Operator (**Future & Ongoing Opportunities**)
Public Works, TransHelp
Regular Part Time – up to 30 hours per week
Hourly Rate: $27.27 – $28.73 ($20.25/hour probation rate) CUPE LOCAL 966 – Public Works
Assisting our community – one ride at a time.
Peel’s TransHelp Team is hiring qualified bus Operators who prioritize passenger safety and comfort while assisting passengers to various destinations across Brampton, Mississauga, and Caledon. The TransHelp operator plays a key role to ensure the TransHelp bus is always safe and promotes professionalism and respect to passengers using the service.
Join our team today!
What you will do in this role:
- Ensures all company policies and procedures followed by passengers
- Completes and logs circle check information at the beginning and end of each shift and reports mechanical problems
- Logs into Automatic Vehicle Locator (AVL) system at start and end of shift and communicates with dispatch during shift
- Secures passengers and their aids/accessories as required
- Interprets schedule, plans route and drives passengers to specified destinations assisting passengers when necessary
- Executes duties in a tactful and courteous manner
What the role requires:
- Minimum high school diploma or equivalent education to be considered, along with six months related experience
- Previous experience working in accessibility accommodation
- Polished communication, customer service and interpersonal skills
- Physically able to perform the requirements of the position that includes pulling, pushing and bending
- Valid Ontario Vehicle Operator’s permit class “B” ,”C”, “E” or “F” license (Z endorsement as an asset) and a good driving record (current drivers abstract required)
- Able to respond to emergency situations with minimum supervision
- Previous training in First Aid, CPR and defensive driving is preferred
- Good map-reading skills to help navigate routes
- Must successfully complete the TransHelp Driver Operator training program during probationary period
- Completion and satisfactory results of a Vulnerable Sector Search is required
Preference will be given to qualified candidates who are currently in the bargaining unit
Location: 2 Copper Rd, Brampton, ON & 3190 Mavis Road, Mississauga, ON Hours of Work: Up to 30 hours per week
Interview: Our recruitment process will be completed with video conference technology.
At Peel Region, we value being open and transparent with our community. The Ontario government has passed legislation that will dissolve Peel Region on January 1, 2025. Peel remains committed to providing uninterrupted services to our residents and businesses through the transition. Skilled and qualified professionals are and will be needed to deliver services to the Peel community regardless of the governance model. For information about our transition and how we continue delivering services, visit peelregion.ca/transition.
If this opportunity matches your qualifications and experience, please apply on- line at www.peelregion.ca/careers
As part of the Region’s ongoing commitment to health and safety, there are enhanced COVID-19 specific safety protocols and/or personal protective equipment requirements (e.g. masks, eye protection, etc.) in place to help protect health and safety. The additional requirements are determined based on the nature of the work being carried out.